This is a private guided tour. During booking, you can specify your desired pick-up location from a wide range of hotels in the Stavanger region. If you are not staying in a hotel in Stavanger, you can select Stavanger City Centre / Domkirkeplassen. Alternatively, you can send us an email for a customized pick-up location.
When booking, you can choose among the following pick-up and drop-off times:
- pick-up at 08:00am; drop-off at 13:00 (1:00pm)
- pick-up at 08:30am; drop-off at 13:30 (1:30pm)
- pick-up at 09:00am; drop-off at 14:00 (2:00pm)
- pick-up at 09:30am; drop-off at 14:30 (2:30pm)
- pick-up at 10:00am; drop-off at 15:00 (3:00pm)
- pick-up at 10:30am; drop-off at 15:30 (3:30pm)
- pick-up at 11:00am; drop-off at 16:00 (4:00pm)
- pick-up at 11:30am; drop-off at 16:30 (4:30pm)
Join us for a relatively easy hike to the highest waterfall in south-western Norway. Månafossen waterfall, which is fed by the Mån river, plunges 92 meters into the canyon below. The force of the waterfall, which is flanked by steep granite walls, produces a dazzling display of mist and rainbows.
Månafossen remains relatively unknown and is inaccessible by public transportation. The waterfall is visited primarily by locals, making it a true hidden gem for tourists. Your professional guide will meet you in Stavanger (Please select a meeting-point and -time when booking). During the hour-long drive to the base of the hiking trail, you’ll pass through a variety of landscapes: pastures and meadows, green valleys, fjords, and mountains.
The first leg of the hike, up to the waterfall, takes approximately 45 minutes (one-way), and is steep at times. Stairs made of wood and locally-sourced stone pave the way, helping to make the hike less difficult. The guide will take it slow up the trail and then allow you to catch your breath at the viewpoint, taking time to enjoy the beauty of Månefossen. After a short break (instead of heading back down the trail as most others do) you’ll continue hiking further upstream to visit the green valley of Fidjadal. This leg of the hike takes approximately 45 minutes (one-way). There, you’ll stop at the mountain farm of Mån, which was inhabited until 1915. It’s a great place to enjoy a cup of coffee while taking in the serenity of the Norwegian wilderness, before retracing your steps back down into civilization.
The tour ends in Stavanger
Included in this tour:
- Customized pick-up and drop-off location and time
- Transportation to/from trail-head
- Professional private guide that leads the way
- Hot beverage and snack during the hike
Please read the “Additional Information” and “General Conditions of Contract” before booking.